Friday, September 18, 2009

Some finished projects

Last weekend my husband was away on a hunting trip all weekend, so I decided it would be a sewing weekend for me! I had lots of projects I wanted to work on, I got to most of them, but there's still more to do. The last couple of weeks I've been watching what other people finish and post on amylouhou's blog for her Friday Sew and Tell, so this week I decided to post some of my work from last weekend.


First I made these cute gift bags using the tutorial on Oh, Fransson

I also made these really cute diaper and wipes carriers. A friend of mine had one and I wanted to make something similar for a gift. It's the first thing I saw and thought...I can make that. I made a few changes from the one I saw, but it's the same idea. It was really exciting to see it finished and realize that I'm starting to learn a few things about sewing.


I also worked on my quilt top for the first old red barn co quilt along. I don't have any pictures yet, but I hope to get it quilted this week so next week I can post a finished picture for the sew and tell!

7 comments:

  1. Way to go! Those little bags are so cute! And I love the diaper and wipes carriers! So much more compact than a diaper bag!

    Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayayay! So, I am so jealous of your sewing and telling!! :) I really am going to start, too...Nice work, so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colors are so much fun! we're way past the diapering stage, but I would have loved to have these in my home! thanks for sharing.
    http://thequiltingdee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You have been very productive! I want to make a lunch bag -- but it will have to be on my "one day" list for now. Can't wait to see your finished quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and practical little bags! Great finishes, thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are great....it is so nice to get something done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your baskets! I too am doing the quilt along too :)

    ReplyDelete