Sunday, June 28, 2009

First Finished Quilt

I have a couple of quilts on the go, but our Church is sending baby supplies to an orphanage in Africa, so I volunteered to make a baby quilt to send. When I volunteered back in early June I thought June would be really slow with work and I'd have lots of time....I ended up working LOTS - I'm not complaining about work, just made quilting more difficult! The quilt had to be in today, so on Thursday I started cutting out material, I put the top together on Friday, and did the quilting and binding yesterday. Thankfully it was pretty quick to put together! Here's some pictures of the finished product.

The top. Lots of bright fabrics!


The back.

The finished quilt, ready to go!

3 comments:

  1. I love it!!
    Whatever baby gets that one will be wrapped in love all the way from Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! If you're new to quilting, then you're off to a great start! Thanks for coming by my blog :).

    ReplyDelete