Friday, November 27, 2009

Two projects finished

I can't believe I finally have these two projects crossed off my to-do list!
Both projects are for my 4 year old nephew. He's a huge fan of John Deere tractors. His birthday was last weekend, so I made him some John Deere pajama pants.

He doesn't have them yet, but I'm sure when he gets time next week some time he'll be pretty excited.

I also finished his Christmas present. I wanted to make him a quilt. I found some really cute John Deere fabric and went from there. I wanted to send the quilt back with my father-in-law to save on shipping. I finished the quilt one evening, and he was flying out the next morning so I don't have any great pictures of the quilt. I had to take them all inside, so these are the best I have!

Here's the front. You can't quite see the whole thing but it's the best I could get!

A bit of a close up of the front.

The back is pieced with leftovers from the front and some large blocks of solids.


I quilted it with straight line quilting and I love the outcome! Can't wait for him to open it Christmas morning. No I just need to finish 2 more quilts before Christmas....not sure if I'll make it or not!!!

I'm adding these to amylouwho's Friday Sew and Tell. This week she has it open for sewing or recipes for American Thanksgiving. Check out what everyone else has finished this week!

11 comments:

  1. You just know he is going to love the things you made especially when you have used fabrics with one of his favourite things on it. Good timing to be able to save on the postage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good finish! John Deere are a lot of little boys' favorites, I have made quilt on this theme for a friend's grandson. Love the blue in the jammies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhhh....what fun gifts to share as Sew and Tell finishes! I love the back of the quilt. What a fun way to finish the fabric off!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes - John Deere rules with little guys... Good job on the pants - and the quilt is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice quilt. The back looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is going to love this! How cute....

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the back and how you used the leftover blocks

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both sooo cute! What a lucky little guy he is to receive these gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great John Deere quilt--I love straight line quilting too. Isn't it great to get done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what fun! your nephew & my son would get along great!! He loves John Deere! Does your nephew have any of the 'all about John Deere' videos? My son loves them!

    ReplyDelete